FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Do you ship internationally?
2. How do I figure out my ring size?
3. Can I have something rushed?
4. What are your shipping costs?
5. How do I know if something is in stock?
6. If I pay for 3 Day shipping, will I get my item in 3 days?
7. Are alphabet rings custom? Are they returnable?
8. How do I know if something is returnable?
9. Do you take phone orders?
10. Do you require signature on delivery?
11. Can I pick up my order in store? How long should I wait to come get it?
12. How can I be sure I will get my item by a certain date? Why is my order taking so long?
Do you ship internationally?
1. We are happy to send pieces internationally! International shipping, especially for jewelry, is remarkably tricky so we use a third party shipper for all our international orders called International Checkout. They set all shipping costs, times, and potential customsí fees for our orders, so they are best to contact if you need a deadline. Their email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I figure out my ring size?
2. We recommend this†ring chart to determine size, as well as find ring conversions for international orders
Can I have something rushed?
3. If you need a ring as soon as possible, we are happy to accommodate you, however, most artists charge a nominal, non-negotiable fee to prioritize your order. Please contact us before placing an order that needs to be in by a certain date.
What are your shipping costs?
4. We offer flat rate shipping within the continental US: UPS Ground - $11.00 UPS 3 Day - $20.00 Shipping to Hawaii and Alaska is an additional $15. All packages heading outside of new york are not subject to state tax We also offer an option to pick up items in store. There is no extra charge, however in state tax applies. If you would like to bump up your shipping to overnight, please contact us at email@example.com to confirm the possibility of this. Note there are extra costs for faster shipping. We are able to re-bill your card with your consent for faster shipping.
How do I know if something is in stock?
5. We do our best to ensure items on line are in stock. However, due to traffic in the store and on line, items will occasionally sell out before showing as out of stock online. We will notify you of any issues with your order as soon as possible!
If I pay for 3 Day shipping, will I get my item in 3 days?
6. Paying for 3-Day Select Shipping does not guarantee that you will get your item in three days. It does, however, shorten the time your item will spend in transit. (If you live east of Ohio it is generally not worth it to pay for 3-Day Shipping unless you absolutely need a guarantee of the arrival date.) Please see the item's individual page for availability or contact us and ask if it is in stock. If you need something by a certain date, please contact us and we will do our absolute best to make it so.
Are alphabet rings custom? Are they returnable?
7. Although alphabet rings are usually custom made for you - they ARE returnable!!
How do I know if something is returnable?
8. If you have a question as to whether your item is returnable, please email us. Some rings are not able to be resized, others may incur a resizing fee. Please email us before shipping if you are unsure. Catbird Alphabet and Heart Rings are not considered custom and do NOT incur a sizing fee - if you need to exchange for another size you only pay for shipping. (Or a local jeweler can often resize rings for you.)
Do you take phone orders?
9. We do not take phone orders.
Do you require signature on delivery?
Packages over $200 are sent signature required.†All packages are insured to their full value. If you want to ask for a signature on an order that is less than $200, please email us.
Can I pick up my order in store? How long should I wait to come get it?
11. Yes you can! You can select "In-store pick up" as your shipping option (for free of course). Please wait until you get an email confirmation saying that your order is ready to be picked up. Many items are in stock, and some need to be made. Even if your item is in stock we do need some time to process your order.
How can I be sure I will get my item by a certain date? Why is my order taking so long?
12. Many items are in stock, but plenty of things, especially rings (due to sizes), will be made especially for you. We have tried to give the wait time for each custom piece on each page. If you need something by a certain date, email us and we will do everything we can to accomodate your needs.
catbird 219 bedford ave. brooklyn, new york
facebook | twitter | blog | subscribe | about | contact | wish list